Welcome to the Scholarly Concentration Program! We hope that you will take advantage of the many opportunities offered by GW SMHS. See the checklist below for a comprehensive list of all 2022 deliverables and due dates. Applications for the Class of 2026 are now closed. Applications for the class of 2027 will open in the fall of 2023.
First Year (MS1)
- Attend all Scholarly Concentration Lectures (Fall and Spring; beginning on the date you are admitted to the SC Program)
- You can miss up to one lecture your first year. Any additional absences will have to be made up; please contact your SC director for alternatives.
- Complete a proposal for your Summer Experience/internship (Spring)
- Complete an 8-week internship (Summer)
- Complete a mentor evaluation and reflection paper at the end of your internship
Second Year (MS2)
- Attend all Scholarly Concentration Lectures (Fall only)
- You can miss up to one lecture your second year. If you are behind on lectures, you can attend additional makeup lectures in the Spring.
- Participate in Research Day (Clinical & Translational Research; Spring)
Third Year (MS3)
- Complete a proposal for your Scholarly Project (Spring)
Fourth Year (MS4)
- Complete a Scholarly Project
- Complete an Elective Outline
- Complete an Elective in your SC area
If you go on a Leave of Absence (LOA): Please notify our office (OSPE) as well as your Scholarly Concentration Director. When you come back, it is your responsibility to complete a Return from LOA Form found here.