Welcome to the Scholarly Concentration Program! We hope that you will take advantage of the many opportunities offered by GW SMHS. See the checklist below for a comprehensive list of all 2023 deliverables and due dates. Applications for the Class of 2028 will open in the fall of 2024.
First Year (MS1)
- Attend all Scholarly Concentration Lectures (Fall and Spring; beginning on the date you are admitted to the SC Program)
- You can miss up to one lecture your first year. Any additional absences will have to be made up; please contact your SC director for alternatives.
- Complete a proposal for your Summer Experience/internship (Spring)
- Complete an 8-week internship (Summer)
- Complete a mentor evaluation and reflection paper at the end of your internship
Second Year (MS2)
- Attend all Scholarly Concentration Lectures (Fall only)
- You can miss up to one lecture your second year. If you are behind on lectures, you can attend additional makeup lectures in the Spring.
- Participate in Research Day (Clinical & Translational Research; Spring)
Third Year (MS3)
- Complete a proposal for your Scholarly Project (Spring)
Fourth Year (MS4)
- Complete a Scholarly Project
- Complete an Elective Outline
- Complete an Elective in your SC area
If you go on a Leave of Absence (LOA): Please notify our office (OSPE) as well as your Scholarly Concentration Director. When you come back, it is your responsibility to complete a Return from LOA Form found here.